Talent Chapter 24



Chapter 24: An aggravation.

Translator: Aafkee

Proofreader: ChaiTea


Han Dong was fretting over the medical expenses when Li Shang visited him in the hospital. "God damn it! This hospital is too much! They are making me pay 15000 just for being hospitalised for a couple of days! I have no cash in hand. The money was borrowed from Ye Cheng. But he's going to get married in half a month or so, so he needs the money too. I don't want to owe him money for too long. I wanted to borrow some money from my girlfriend, but the line won't go through! Sigh, say, why can't I find someone who truly loves me?" "Are you sure you don't know the reason?" Li Shang laughed, judging him. Han Dong held his head with a painful look on his face. Li Shang asked, "How about your parents? Don't they know that you're hospitalised? You can borrow from them first." "They are not my blood-related parents. I'm not thick-skinned enough to ask." Li Shang was shocked, "Not blood-related?" Han Dong sighed, "Since I've started it, I might as well tell you the whole story. I've never told anyone about this. I'm telling you this because I think of you as my real brother." In reality, Han Dong had already told countless people. He would much rather the whole world knew about his family background. "I was born with six fingers. We have a saying that children with six fingers will bring bad luck to their parents, so my parents passed me on to my uncle. My uncle's family ended up having their own child and heard that a family in the neighbouring village had three daughters and wanted a son, so they decided to pass me on to that family, which is my current adoptive parents' family." Li Shang found it unbelievable, "Are you serious?" Han Dong reached out his left hand, "Look at this scar if you don't believe me. It was left behind from when my finger was chopped off." Li Shang asked again, "What happened after? How about your real parents?" "Dead." Han Dong replied without any emotions. "Dead?"
Han Dong's expression was dark, "Do they really think they would be fine after abandoning me? I can bring them misfortune in any case!" Li Shang was speechless. Han Dong returned to the topic, "Oh right, how are you doing over there?" "I'm going to sign the contract soon." Li Shang said. "Not bad! Bro, seeing as how you're gonna become rich soon, why don't you..." The expression on Han Dong's face betrayed his feelings of wanting to blackmail him. "I was going to mention it even if you didn't. I'll transfer you 30,000 once the contract money gets transferred to my bank account. 15,000 for Ye Chenglin, the other 15,000 for you." Han Dong was overjoyed, "As expected of my brother!" Three days later, Ye Chenglin rushed to the hospital and saw Han Dong shaking his leg while packing. He hurried over and asked, "Why are you discharging early? Tell me if you lack the money, and I'll pay for you first!" Han Dong turned and faced Ye Chenglin. The expression on his face was enough for him to apply for the Guinness Most Bitter Record. "I'm too embarrassed to stay any longer!" Ye Chenglin was anxious, "What's wrong with you this time?"
"I went to thank my benefactor last night, and guess what? That benefactor was the same young man I screwed over nine years ago! What's worse, he really ended up with a man!! And the worst is, his man is also a very good person. Now, he has lost his toe because of this accident!!! I wanted to pay them back by returning the favour, but it turns out to be an aggravation instead!!!!" "What happened next? Did they not want revenge on you?" "Of course they did!! If not for my trump card, I would have been crushed to pieces!" Ye Chenglin was unsure what he should say, "Just what kind of sins have you committed?" "Both of them were such kind people!" Han Dong pounded his chest, "I can't imagine how much retribution I must suffer for this! They would kill me!" Han Dong looked like he could already see the matchmakers with chilli water and holding leather lash, walking towards him with an evil grin... It seemed like he won't be able to avoid this disaster!





Support me by becoming a Ko-fi member!
Join me on Discord!

Share:
spacer

No comments:

Post a Comment