Talent Chapter 26

Chapter 26: You bastard!

Translator: Aafkee

Proofreader: ChaiTea

In the end, Liang Jing lost his rights as a director to produce the film anyway. Li Shang was also moved from a single suite to a group dormitory. Although he was treated less favourably than before, he was in a much better mood than before. He no longer felt so lost, and his life was no longer so dry.

"According to our mutual agreement, your stage name will be Li Tianbang. You come from a family of artists, and your grandfather was the chairman of the board of directors of the Chinese American Art Association. You immigrated to the United States with your parents at the age of ten and graduated from the David Geffen School of Drama at Yale University. You were scouted by Producer Liang when you came to China for an exhibition..."

Like Li Xiang, the others were given different backgrounds. To avoid exposing each other in the future, the artists were only allowed to discuss their real backgrounds in private. It was even more so for someone like Li Xiang, who had gone under the knife.

"From today, each and every one of you will have to change your contact details and mobile phones. You must use the phone number provided by the company, and you must not contact any of your friends. This is to avoid any harassment you might face after your debut. Of course, once you've settled into your character and are able to manage your friends, you'll be free to do as you please."

It has been more than a week since Han Dong was discharged from the hospital. He tried to call Li Shang countless times, but no one answered. Ye Chenglin's wedding was coming up, and he only had a few hundred RMB left in his bank account.

"God damn it! I knew that guy wasn't reliable!"

Han Dong cursed. He refused to give up so easily. His so-called friends called each other brothers, but when it came to borrowing money, they all acted like cowards. Li Shang was the only person who agreed to help him, so who else could he call?

Just as he was about to leave the house, Han Dong suddenly realised a serious problem: Li Shang had signed a contract with Zhong Ding Films and Television Corporation. If he went looking for Li Shang now, would he run into Wang Zhongding?

Han Dong pinched his fingers and tried looking into his future, a bad omen!

That won't do, Han Dong thought. He had to primp up...

Han Dong changed into his old uniform, which had already been reduced to a footcloth. He paired it with a pair of nine-quarter trousers, the crotch of which was pulled down to his knees, revealing his eye-catching cotton leggings inside. He then rubbed some cooking oil into the corners of his lips and sprinkled some cinder into his hair, before adding seven moles to his face and a few strands of hair to the moles... Thinking that he was not dirty enough, he rolled around on the floor twice and even sprayed himself with shoddy insect repellent.

And just like that, he went out in that outfit!!

As expected, Han Dong was not even allowed through the company's entrance.

In the end, all he could do was wander around until the cold, serious guard begged him, "Bro! Can you stay away from me? I'm going to throw up my lunch."

Not much else was said after that.

A special van transporting managers and trainees slowly drove up to the entrance. The manager, who was eating, suddenly made an indecent dry-heaving noise before awkwardly pointing through the window at something: "Holy shit, that guy is too disgusting...".

Li Shang glanced out of the window and had a feeling that person was familiar.

Han Dong saw him at the same time and rushed over to stop the van.

"Hey, stop!"

Li Shang's roommate rolled down the window, but the smell was too strong, so he closed it again before asking, "Who are you?"

Han Dong shouted, "Li Shang! I'm Han Dong! Come out quickly!"

The manager questioned coldly, "Li Tianbang, do you know this person?"

Li Shang would have tried to give Han Dong a hint by winking or something but with his current costume... Li Shang did not even dare to look at him again.

"I don't know him."

Han Dong could not help himself and cursed as he saw the van drive away.

"Li Shang, you bastard!"

Just as he finished cursing, a brand name car behind him honked at him.

Support me by becoming a Ko-fi member!
Join me on Discord!

Share:
spacer

No comments:

Post a Comment