Full-time Boyfriend Chapter 25



Chapter 25:    Love rivals ain’t a problem

Translator: Aafkee

Proofreader: ChaiTea


Chen Yifei thought Yan Yu’s words were only a temporary declaration of ownership, but Yan Yu unexpectedly continued to stare at him as he said, “Call him.” Chen Yifei asked, “... For real?” “Of course. If you won’t call, I will. He has to know one way or another.” Since Yan Yu asked him to call, Chen Yifei could only be the villain. He picked up his phone and dialled Secretary Zhou’s number. The other party picked up the phone pretty quickly and greeted him in a relaxed manner. Chen Yifei greeted, “Good evening, Mr Zhou.” Yan Yu leaned onto the side of the bed, laughing to himself internally. “Hello, Assistant Chen. What is the matter?” “Hn…” Chen Yifei stared at Yan Yu and said slowly, “There is something I wish to discuss with you.” “Is it work-related? Please, go ahead.” “No, it is not work-related.” Chen Yifei realised Yan Yu’s gaze becoming brighter with expectations. He suddenly felt as if he had fallen into a certain trap set up by Yan Yu, “It is regarding the matter you mentioned to me before.” The other party’s tone became excited in an instant, “Chairman Yan?” To be able to tell that that was what he was talking about straightaway, it must have been constantly on his mind. Chen Yifei answered, “Yes.” Secretary Zhou smiled, “I have to listen carefully, then.” Chen Yifei, “My boss is currently in a relationship, I am sorry I did not get to remind you last time.” Who would have thought the other party’s response would be completely out of Chen Yifei’s expectations. He merely chuckled candidly, “I see. I guess that will prove to be a difficulty. Thank you for informing me.” Chen Yifei narrowed his eyes, “What I mean to say is that it is best that you don’t disturb my boss regarding this anymore.” “I personally do not mind it.” He laughed, “It does not mean that I do not have a chance, no?” Chen Yifei was silent. “I understand, Assistant Chen. You might think that I am ruining another person’s relationship, but I would never know if he likes me more unless I give it a try.” Secretary Zhou laughed indifferently, “Perhaps, you do not like to hear what I am saying, but I hope you will not let this affect our work relationship. You can not force others to have the same view as you in terms of relationships either.” Chen Yifei had a completely new impression of this person now. Indeed, he could not make this Zhou person think the same way as he did. It was ultimately up to him to decide whether he wanted to try it or not. Chen Yifei replied patiently, “Don’t worry, I separate my work and personal lives very clearly.” “Haha, I am glad, then. After all, this matter is considered my personal matter, so Assistant Chen, you do not have to worry about it.” The other party joked, “Unless you also ‘assist’ Chairman Yan regarding relationship problems.” The corner of Chen Yifei’s lips twitched, “I don’t need to assist him, his problems are also my problems.” “What do you mean by that?” “I am his boyfriend.” Chen Yifei’s voice sunk, “Please do not contact Yan Yu privately anymore.” With that, the other party became silent for a long while before he spoke, “I see. That was, indeed, unexpected.” Chen Yifei smiled politely, “I hope you can understand.” Secretary Zhou probably also thought that this conversation could not progress any further, his tone became slightly anxious as he asked finally, “You really won’t deliberately make things difficult for me during work because of this, right?” The call finally ended after Secretary Zhou got an affirmative from Chen Yifei. Chen Yifei let out a long sigh and put down his phone while Yan Yu asked impatiently, “What did he say? What did he say?” Chen Yifei replied, “Somehow, it felt like he did not really care.” Yan Yu raised his eyebrow and lay on the bed, smiling, “So he is pretty determined to woo me, then? He didn’t even shrink back when he’s against a strong rival such as yourself?” Chen Yifei was momentarily at a loss for words. He turned around to look at Yan Yu as he put on a fake smile, “Truthfully, you’re actually pretty happy, aren’t you?”
“I’ve already admitted it just now; anyone would be happy to have someone like them.” Yan Yu replied generously as he patted Chen Yifei’s leg, “Besides, isn’t this a proof of my charms?” Chen Yifei couldn’t reply. Yan Yu smiled, “Right?” Chen Yifei shook his head, spread out the blanket and lay down, his back facing Yan Yu as he said, “I only know the fact that, in your heart, I’m probably a person with a big heart.” Yan Yu looked at him, leaned down and patted his shoulders, “Are you angry?” “I’m not angry.” Yan Yu added, “You know that I would never contact him privately.” “Hn.” “That’s fine, then, isn’t it?” Chen Yifei only replied, “Switch off the lights and let’s sleep.” Yan Yu did not speak for a long while, nor did he turn off the lights. Chen Yifei looked back to find out what exactly he was doing but instead, Yan Yu suddenly reached out, grabbed his collar and kissed him. Yan Yu was even taking a selfie with his phone while kissing him. Chen Yifei was flabbergasted and tried to stop him, “What are you doing?” “Let’s take a picture of us in bed together and send it to him.” Chen Yifei groaned, “... Aren’t you going a little overboard?” Yan Yu rolled to the other side of the bed, opened his chat window with Secretary Zhou on his WeChat and sent him the photo he had just taken directly. Chen Yifei extended his hand from behind him to snatch his phone away and retracted the message immediately. Yan Yu wanted to snatch it back but Chen Yifei said, grudgingly, “Don’t be like this.” Yan Yu asked, “Isn’t it weirder to retract the message? What if he misunderstood my intentions and thought that I’m interested in him?” Chen Yifei thought that there was some logic behind Yan Yu’s words, but he still couldn’t bring himself to send others such photos like what Yan Yu had. That was too overbearing. Yan Yu prodded, “Then, we can take a video and send it to him?” Chen Yifei sighed, “... I’m not angry, alright?” Yan Yu stared at Chen Yifei for a while before bursting into laughter as he could not hold it in anymore. Chen Yifei sighed, resigned, but he could not stop the corners of his lips from lifting either. He could not deny that he was indeed sulking just now, but Yan Yu always seemed to have his way of making sure that his anger would never last longer than ten minutes. Yan Yu extended his hand, indicating for Chen Yifei to return his phone. The latter hesitated before a second but decided to give it back to him in the end. Yan Yu smiled, “Of course I’d keep these photos and videos in my private collection. I would never send it to others.” “You just did.” “I knew you would retract it.” Yan Yu smiled sweetly. Chen Yifei laughed out with a “pfft” and immediately let out a cough, trying to control his laughter, “Speaking of which, I’ve always wanted to ask you. I’m already here in person, why do you still take so many pictures of me?” Yan Yu frowned, “They don’t contradict each other though? Take for example, when you have lots of money under your bed, won’t you want to take them out and count them often?” Yan Yu’s analogy did seem appropriate, but Chen Yifei unexpectedly could not refute it either. Unfortunately, Yan Yu and CEO Wu had to meet up this weekend to discuss something. It would most likely be awkward when Chen Yifei and Zhou Xuancheng meet again. On that day, however, CEO Wu was alone. Yan Yu even intentionally asked and CEO Wu explained that Secretary Zhou was unwell and had taken leave. That might actually be true, but Chen Yifei thought that it might be because the other party might have seen their photo before he retracted the message last night, so Secretary Zhou may not even want to meet them now. However, Chen Yifei did not feel any burden in his heart. Perhaps, he had been badly influenced by Yan Yu, too.
After their discussion, the two returned to their company. Yan Yu was still talking to Chen Yifei about the photo that night when someone from the front desk came looking for him, saying that someone with the last name Zhou had sent Chairman Yan a bouquet of flowers, which was now left in his office. The two returned to their office and was greeted by a big bouquet of fresh flowers on the desk. That undisguised provocation made Chen Yifei’s expression turn dark. Yan Yu looked even angrier than Chen Yifei, “We really can’t communicate with him. I should have just sent that photo! No, I should have sent a video instead! How am I going to continue doing business with him at this rate?!” Chen Yifei said, “It’s too inappropriate for him to mix this matter with work.” Yan Yu demanded, “Are you not angry? Aren’t you angry at all?” Of course Chen Yifei was angry, but he thought that if he showed his anger, then there was no way Yan Yu could be placated. He only said, “Perhaps I should have a chat with him directly.” “No,” Yan Yu said, “The both of us should have a chat with him directly.” Yan Yu tossed the flowers to Chen Yifei and said, “Throw it away.” Chen Yifei showed no hesitation either and asked an employee passing by outside to throw the bouquet out directly, causing the employee to feel completely confused. It was proven that Secretary Zhou was really sick when he was on leave that day. Towards the end of the same month, when Yan Yu and CEO Wu were going to sign their collaboration contract, Secretary Zhou, dressed formally, was already at the venue even before their scheduled time. He had also greeted Yan Yu and Chen Yifei respectfully. When everyone was seated, Yan Yu intentionally sat extra close to Chen Yifei. The person who received them even misunderstood that they might have made a mistake on the seating arrangement and quickly brought in another chair for Yan Yu. Instead, Yan Yu waved his hand and said, “It’s fine, it’s fine. It’s not troublesome at all. I quite like sitting with my assistant.” Secretary Zhou was preparing the materials for their contract when he turned his head to look at those two. He sighed lightly. Yan Yu literally used everything he had to display his intimacy with Chen Yifei throughout the meeting. Yan Yu had so many petty manoeuvres that Chen Yifei nearly broke out into cold sweat. When they had finally signed the contract, Yan Yu grabbed Chen Yifei immediately and pulled him along as he looked for Secretary Zhou. As Chen Yifei was being dragged along, he had to remind Yan Yu to remain polite later. He was not even sure if Yan Yu heard what he said. Yan Yu shouted, “Mr Zhou!” The other party turned towards them and smiled, “Is there anything else?” Yan Yu got right to the point, “Mr Zhou, I really hope that you can stop sending me flowers or contacting me privately. I can become a good business collaboration partner, but please do not disturb me and Chen Yifei in other matters, is that okay?” Yan Yu’s tone was extremely courteous, but there was a sense of certainty and confidence in his voice. Secretary Zhou paused, “I believe I have made myself very clear regarding this.” Yan Yu knitted his brow as he said, “Were you referring to what you said on the phone that night?” Secretary Zhou, “Chairman Yan, I am guessing you have not seen the card that came with the bouquet of flowers, am I right?” Yan Yu stared blankly. Since he threw the bouquet straight away without an extra glance, there was no way he would have noticed the card that came with it. He looked towards Chen Yifei and it seemed like the latter did not notice any cards either. Secretary Zhou smiled bitterly, “Forget it, I think it is best that I say this directly. Actually, I have thought this way since the night I found out that you and Assistant Chen are in a relationship. Perhaps I may still give it a go if he is another person, but… Hn, so you did not have to be… like that in the meeting just now.” Yan Yu and Chen Yifei did not expect such an outcome at all. They were too anxious and impatient just now, they did not think that they would have misunderstood the situation. No wonder Chen Yifei thought that their conversation ended rather abruptly the other day. Seeing the expression on their faces, Secretary Zhou smiled at Yan Yu, “However, Chairman Yan, if, by any chance, you are to break up with Assistant Chen, please contact me immediately.” With that, Secretary Zhou waved his hand and left. Yan Yu stared at Secretary Zhou as he left, his expression complicated, “I won’t find you even if I break up, please…” Chen Yifei was smiling behind him, “Break up?” “That’s not what I mean. I’m just saying that he really isn’t my type.” Yan Yu said, “Can you not be so sensitive in such places?” Chen Yifei nodded, “Then, who are you going to look for?” Yan Yu exclaimed, “Of course I’m going to look for my ex-boyfriend… you.” Such a lousy excuse did not seem to be that lousy anymore when it came out of Yan Yu’s mouth. Chen Yifei laughed involuntarily, turned and walked away, Yan Yu followed immediately. Yan Yu asked, “Do you know what day it is tomorrow?” “What?” Yan Yu replied, “Qixi Festival*.” (T/N: 七夕节: the Chinese Valentine’s Day, when the Cowherd and Weaving maid are allowed their annual meeting.) “... Hn.” “... ‘Hn’, you only have a ‘Hn’ to offer?” Yan Yu demanded. “Let’s leave the conversation about tomorrow for tomorrow.”





Support me by becoming a Ko-fi member!
Join me on Discord!

Share:
spacer

No comments:

Post a Comment